How to eliminate extra cells and columns inserted when export to Excel from group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to make a report which needs to look as follows:

The report looks great and nice when exported to word and pdf.  When export to Excel, extra columns and cells are being added.  How can I design the report so that there are no extra or unnecessarily cells and columns as below.

Sha_woop

Monday, October 8, 2018 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Sha_woop

Seems it was by design when you export to excel , it would create extra columns and rows in the excel when you do not have make your report items layout like a table.

If you set your report items like a table , line by line ,column by column.

Seems there is no extra row and column when export report to excel.

You could see more detailed information at :

Export to Excel extra columns

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 8, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Hi Eric

Thank you for answering.  I need to display the data as shown in the pictures.  Is there any other method or tools (report items) that can be used to achieve the same without generating extra columns and rows?

The links you have provided are mostly for a grid and a header.  Here, I am using textboxes mostly though there are grids as well below.

It would be kind if you could point out how to achieve the above.

Thanks

Sha_woop

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 12:05 PM
  • Hi

Based on our research , unfortunately , it seems not possible to use other report item to instead textbox to achieve your goal in your current report.

Seems you need to do the layout for the report or redesign your report structure.

I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

BR,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:14 AM