none
ClickOnce vs Windows MSI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please advice me the deployment mode to be used for a Outlook addin setup (Only for current user) which should check and install the followings :

1. .NET Framework 4.0

2. Outlook 2010/2007

3. VSTO 2010 Runtime (Office solution targetted for .NET 4.0)

Also, please tell whether i should use .NET 4.0 or 4.0 Client Profile ?

I want to make a single Addin for both Outlook 2007 and 2010. How do i ensure that either of Outlook 2007 or 2010 is installed on user's machine ? I know that since i have targetted for .NET framework 4.0, i can simply Embed Interop Type to true and it will no require PIAs.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks

Kulvinder
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Kulvinder,

The .vsto file will be created automatically by the publication process (meaning "Publish" using ClickOnce).

Regards,

Mauro

castagnasso.wordpress.com | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Kulvinder,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I suggest you use ClickOnce to deploy you solution.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is a default select of the prerequisites of the ClickOnce, I think you need it.

And I think we can modify the dependency element to set the prerequisites of you solution.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

I am using this article : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff937654.aspx for the deployment but i dont have any *.vsto file (Deployment manifest) in my project. My question is :

1. Do i require it ?

2. If yes, why and how do i create it ?

Thanks

Kulvinder Singh

Kulvinder
    Monday, March 14, 2011 9:15 AM
  • Hi Kulvinder,

The .vsto file will be created automatically by the publication process (meaning "Publish" using ClickOnce).

Regards,

Mauro

castagnasso.wordpress.com | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:10 PM