none
Missing file Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets

Question

• On a new windows 10 image, after a new install of visual studio 2015 update 2, when trying to run msbuild I get the following error:

error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\TeamBuild\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

My question is: What do I need to install that will create the file Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets?

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi pulsar9,

How do you run your project using the msbuild? Do you use the TFS to build your project?

Like this document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms400710(v=vs.100).aspx

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets is included with Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management and can be found in the directory <root>:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\TeamBuild\. There is only one copy of this file on a computer and it is shared by all builds that run on that computer.

I also discuss this issue with the TFS members, it seems that it is a dll file of the TFS. I couldn't find it in my VS2015 machine without the TFS, but the TFS members could get this dll file in above folder in their machine.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:24 AM