Xamarin Extension Breaks MVC 5 Razor Syntax Highlighting/Intellisense (VS2012) RRS feed

• Question

• User52150 posted

I'm having an issue with the Xamarin for Visual Studio extension for Visual Studio 2012. When this extension is installed, all Razor syntax highlighting and Intellisense stops working in MVC 5 projects. (MVC 4 works just fine.)

Removing the Xamarin for Visual Studio 2012 feature in the installer resolves this issue - but it is incredibly annoying to have to toggle this feature on and off.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 (Update 4) and Xamarin 3.6.249.0 installed.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:08 PM

All replies

• User89484 posted

i have this problem too.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:59 AM
  • User94416 posted

I have also the same issue!!! After uninstalled Xamarin, MVC 5 Razor intellisense working fine.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:31 AM
  • User65429 posted

I was getting crazy about this issue, uninstalling Xamarin solved my problem. How can both coexist? I mean, having the Xamarin Extension and MVC5 together?

Friday, February 6, 2015 4:12 AM
  • User13824 posted

For bookkeeping, I'll note that a bug for this issue was entered into Xamarin's bug tracker here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23389. That will be the best place to track further updates on this issue.

On a side note, just in case it might be helpful for other issues in the future, problems like this that are both clearly defined and easy to reproduce usually make excellent bug reports, so you are welcome to enter them directly into Xamarin's Bugzilla, if you like.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:59 PM
  • User116507 posted

Ok, what about those of us who don't want to uninstall xamarin? This is a major inconvenience.

Sunday, April 5, 2015 5:15 PM
  • User116507 posted

After it crashed VS2012 and I lost work today, I found a workaround that doesn't require me to uninstall Xamerin for Visual Studio: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27952666/xamarin-webview-no-intellisense-in-razor/29481860#29481860

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:42 AM
  • User116507 posted

Here is where it crashed: Application: devenv.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArrayTypeMismatchException Stack: at System.Collections.Generic.Stack1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Push(System.__Canon) at System.Web.Razor.Parser.ParserContext.StartBlock(System.Web.Razor.Parser.SyntaxTree.BlockType) at System.Web.Razor.Parser.HtmlMarkupParser.ParseDocument() at System.Web.Razor.Parser.RazorParser.ParseCore(System.Web.Razor.Text.ITextDocument) at System.Web.Razor.Parser.RazorParser.Parse(System.Web.Razor.Text.ITextDocument) at System.Web.Razor.RazorTemplateEngine.GenerateCodeCore(System.Web.Razor.Text.ITextDocument, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.Nullable1) at System.Web.Razor.Editor.BackgroundParser+BackgroundThread.ParseChange(System.Web.Razor.Text.ITextBuffer, System.Threading.CancellationToken) at System.Web.Razor.Editor.BackgroundParser+BackgroundThread.WorkerLoop() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:44 AM