none
Adapter definition for a dataset does not work properly RRS feed

• Question

• I am working in VS2015.  I have a table with three columns (Email).  I wish to define a dataset consisting of those three columns.  To implement this, I need to enter a sql query.  An entry of select * from email works fine but adding the qualifier "where e-mail=PAR" is always rejected saying PAR is an invalid column.  Has anyone experienced this?  A couple of screen shots will demonstrate my problem. I have experimented with the query and found the following works:  1.  No qualifier.

2. A text entry.  

Is it possible that a program variable such as my "PAR" cannot be used in the creation of a query?

• Edited by elisch123 Thursday, August 13, 2020 4:41 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 3:37 PM

All replies

• I guess I'll talk to myself since there have been 50 viewers and not one response.  That being the case, I will draw some conclusions.  The problem I am showing is real and so I need a different approach.  Its been many years since I have conversed in SQL.  Visual Studio has been my replacement for having to learn new tricks and I had used it successfully before.  I believe that I can solve the problem by using an inefficient method or by learning how to utilize the adaptor with programmatic calls rather than relying on the ToolBox.
    Saturday, August 15, 2020 6:44 PM