Displaying images in local reports which have multiple datasources RRS feed

• Question

• I've come across an unusual behavoiur in relation to displaying images in a localreport. If I create a simple datasource which returns an image and link the image to the database field the image is displayed correctly. As soon as I add a 2nd datasource to the report data sources, the image no longer gets displayed. Has anyone else come across this behaviour? I haven't tested this with a server report as yet but I expect to get the same behaviour.
    Stuart Grover
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 3:59 AM

Answers

• Hello StuFromOz,

Are you using SSRS 2005 or SSRS 2008. I have multiple data sources in SSRS 2008 and i am able to display images fine.

Thanks
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:39 AM
  • I'm using SSRS 2008.
    I found the solution to the problem. When referring to the database field you need to qualify it with the datasource name. i.e. <DataSourceName>.<FieldName>.value
    Stuart Grover
    • Marked as answer by StuFromOz Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hello StuFromOz,

Are you using SSRS 2005 or SSRS 2008. I have multiple data sources in SSRS 2008 and i am able to display images fine.

Thanks
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:39 AM
  • I'm using SSRS 2008.
    I found the solution to the problem. When referring to the database field you need to qualify it with the datasource name. i.e. <DataSourceName>.<FieldName>.value
    Stuart Grover
    • Marked as answer by StuFromOz Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM