Can't deploy app

Question

• I'm debugging a C++ WinRT app and suddenly I can't deploy the app from VS11. I get the following error:

Updating the layout...
    Copying files: Total <1 mb to layout...
    Checking whether required frameworks are installed...
    Registering the application to run from layout...
    Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. C:\Users\sip\Desktop\WRT_SIP\Debug\WinRT_SIP.SoftPhone\AppX\AppxManifest.xml(39,10): error 0x800700B7: Cannot register the d7748c90-9d66-46cf-aae5-095605691eb5_1.0.0.0_x86__yzskvnmtcrnxa package because the following error was encountered while registering the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract ID: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
    .  Try again and contact the package publisher if the problem persists. (0x80073cf6)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is? Rebooting had no effect.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:58 PM

Answers

• Figured it out. In the app manifest I had 2 "Extensions" sections with the same EntryPoint. Moved the 2nd BackGroundTasks entry to the first Extensions section, removed the 2nd Extensions and joy was had by all. Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. Now if only I could get past the permissions problem I'm having ...
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies

• Go to the Start Screen and see if the application is already installed. If so then uninstall it and try deploying again.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:11 PM
  • You might need to go into the All Apps screen just to be sure its not there. You do this by either right clicking on the background of the Start Screen (mouse) or swiping up from the bottom of the Start Screen or down from the top (touch screen) to bring up its app bar and then pressing the "All Apps" button.

XNA/DirectX MVP | Website | Blog | @mikebmcl

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Figured it out. In the app manifest I had 2 "Extensions" sections with the same EntryPoint. Moved the 2nd BackGroundTasks entry to the first Extensions section, removed the 2nd Extensions and joy was had by all. Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. Now if only I could get past the permissions problem I'm having ...
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:15 PM