none
looking for code in the manifest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have created a simple c# Hello World program generated the exe file.
    Now, i want to view the code with the help of its manifest information.

So i used ILDASM and opened the exe file, Now where should i look to find the code.

Many Thanks....
    Monday, February 22, 2010 10:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• ILDASM will not show C# source code if that's what you want. Try using a decompiler like Reflector instead.
    Mattias, C# MVP
    Monday, February 22, 2010 2:53 PM
  •  Reflector is the best tool for you. I always use this for the same
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:55 AM
  • The manifest part of an assembly contains the versioning info etc, where as Metadata part holds the IL of the cource code you have written.
    Looking at that you can easliy figureout what are method signature etc. 

If you obfuscate (shield) your assembly using .NET provided with Visual Studio Dotfuscator community edition (Start --> Programs --> Visuual Sstudio --> Visual Sstudio Tools -- Dotfuscator community edition) then you can't analyze the IL of your assembly and can't be reverse engineered using reflactor tool etc.

Hope this helps.

Vidya Vrat Agarwal.
    http://dotnetpassion.blogspot.com

Vidya Vrat Agarwal. MCPD,MCTS, MCT, MCSD .NET, MCAD .NET, MCSD. http://dotnetpassion.blogspot,com
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:11 PM
  • can you please refer a link for the reflector?

As, i could not find the source code in the reflector.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, March 1, 2010 10:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by eryang Monday, March 1, 2010 10:00 AM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:16 AM
  • Hi,
    Reflector helps to transfer IL instructions to C# code that easy to read, you only need to open specify assembly with Reflector and then double click its inner method, there is also a demostration video, hope it can help.
    Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by NabX Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:57 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 10:06 AM