Azure Stack TP3: Import VMs from Public to Privat RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

I am currently installing Azure Stack TP3. I am testing it for my company. I have already been able to find the most Information through internet researches. Here are three questions that are still open.

Question 1:

Is it possible to import VMs from Azue Stack to Azure and vice versa?

Example:

An Applications Server has been installed and operated on the Azure Stack. Now we would like the server to be operated on Azure. Is it possible to import this server into the Microsoft Azure Cloud? Like a live migration.

Question 2:

Veeam provides azure backups. Does anyone have experience with this product? Can you test the Veeam product with Azure Stack TP3?

Question 3:

Provides Azure Stack TP3 a similar Service like OneDrive?

Thanks for any clarification.

Kind regards

Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:38 PM

Answers

• 1. Yes, but these are manual steps. You have to copy the disk (VHD), create a new VM (copy config) and attach it.
    2. Veeam provides in-guest backups, that also works with Azure Stack.

3. OneDrive is an SaaS service on Azure and requires a different scale and has many dependencies on Public Azure. Dont expect it to come to Azure Stack any time soon. However you can use other SaaS file sharing solutions from ISV's when they become available in the Azure Stack marketplace. I do expect that Azure File Services wil become available later on, nothing announced yet.

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: AzureStack.Blog  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, May 22, 2017 11:36 AM