Error with installing Windows 8 developer preview?

Question

•  
    Digita il testo o l'indirizzo di un sito web oppure traduci un documento.
    <input id="file" style="display: none;" name="file" size="40" type="file" />

Traduzione da Trovato italiano verso inglese

I want to try to develop some apps on Windows 8. When I mount the image it appears an error that says spwizeng.dll not intended for use on Windows or it contains an error. Then I try to install from USB but I can not boot from the stick. When I tried to burn it ona a DVD it appears a message that says that the .iso image is not valid.

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• Diidai10, that error message is usually associated with disk space issues.  Other considerations could be a corrupt download or missing file, possibly created by the USB device.  Rare occurrence but I have seen it happen.   If you can verify that you have enough disk space you may try another download, avoiding using the USB drive and see if that corrects the issue.  

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• Diidai10, that error message is usually associated with disk space issues.  Other considerations could be a corrupt download or missing file, possibly created by the USB device.  Rare occurrence but I have seen it happen.   If you can verify that you have enough disk space you may try another download, avoiding using the USB drive and see if that corrects the issue.  

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Same problem but its on a 4.3 DVD. It stops downloading at 52% gives the error message 'error in install'. The only empty folder I see is in }Source}>{Lisence} So is that the problem.

I have a "Bucket Net" though DSL but it takes 2 days to download. Does Microsoft already have a disk for Win 8 with the tools for both 32Bit and 64Bit versions?

We have a home/office with 9 computers and we beta test all kinds of software. We also build computers and repair them as an OEM. We would really like to test this to see what its going to do for our gaming customers. We would like to be on the ground floor to dig out the bugs in this spectacular project. We beta tested Win7. We have a wide range of computers to test this on.

MY net provider is having a heart attack because I am wanting to try again to download. Samll town LOL. One provider very slow DSL net connection.

Friday, September 30, 2011 8:14 AM