skiasharp canvas operations not performing properly with master detail page in iOS RRS feed

• Question

• User261343 posted

Hello,

my app uses master detail page.

In one of the detail page I use canvas where I move, scale and rotate multiple bitmaps.

These operations work fine in android but in iOS on every move operation side menu slightly appears so operation is not smooth.

But after some time or after some number of operations side menu doesn't show and everything is smooth. Problem is in first few minutes.

I tried to set IsPresented property to false in my canvas page. but it is still appearing.

I also tried master detail page in given skiasharp demo. Same issue is there.

Please help !

Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• User68536 posted

You may have to disable the touch-to-open on the drawer: https://developer.xamarin.com/api/property/Xamarin.Forms.MasterDetailPage.IsGestureEnabled/

Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:14 PM
  • User261343 posted

Thank you @mattleibow for comment.

I tried your suggestion in my page and it worked.

But I have a question. In android this gesture doesn't interfere in my canvas operations. In iOS, it does. Why so ? Actually I want side menu to open when I swipe from left to right. because there is no other way to go to master page.

Friday, August 11, 2017 5:11 AM