none
Using EF Power Tools to Reverse Engineer a Database results in some truncated table names RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the EF power tools to reverse engineer a database and it is truncating some of my table names specifically tables FormStatus and FormProcessStatus are being truncated to FormStatu and FormProcessStatu. Interestingly a table named Status is not being truncated. Not sure why this is occurring but it would be helpful if it is fixed.

Thanks

Colin

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>I'm presuming that there is some sort of list in the tool of words to pluralize/singularize

I think you are right, it will try to singularize the table name.

>> but it's not being correctly applied based on the fact the the Status table is not truncated but table names ending in Status are.

From my opinion, this is because the “Status” is valid word while the word “FormStatus” does not exist actually.

Do not know why it is such designed, I would like suggest you post your feedback to:

https://entityframework.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic?size=2147483647

To let the team know so that this behavior may be changed in next released version.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Zeffron Monday, June 16, 2014 2:08 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 9:38 AM

All replies

• Try the version 6.1 EF Tools instead...

Please mark as answer, if this was it. Visit my SQL Server Compact blog http://erikej.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:37 PM
  • I'm using the 6.1 EF Power Tools. I'm presuming that there is some sort of list in the tool of words to pluralize/singularize or not but it's not being correctly applied based on the fact the the Status table is not truncated but table names ending in Status are.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Hello,

>>I'm presuming that there is some sort of list in the tool of words to pluralize/singularize

I think you are right, it will try to singularize the table name.

>> but it's not being correctly applied based on the fact the the Status table is not truncated but table names ending in Status are.

From my opinion, this is because the “Status” is valid word while the word “FormStatus” does not exist actually.

Do not know why it is such designed, I would like suggest you post your feedback to:

https://entityframework.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic?size=2147483647

To let the team know so that this behavior may be changed in next released version.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Zeffron Monday, June 16, 2014 2:08 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Moved to the EF Issues forum.

Thanks

Colin

Monday, June 16, 2014 2:09 PM