none
Excel User defined function in Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Is is possible to write Excel function for Office 365?

Ie. the cell formula is =CustomFunction(parameter1, parameter2,...).

Using VSTO, you would create a  DotNet DLL with ComRegisterFunctiontto expose you functions to Excel.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hi ztron,

I think what you mean is custom function support for Excel online. Please correct me if I have any misunderstanding. I’m afraid this feature is not supported in current version of Excel Online, if you want to future version of Excel to support this feature, I suggest you submitting a feedback.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Monday, March 9, 2015 7:08 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 9:33 AM

All replies

• I assume that there wasn't as at July last year https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/4e955445-d1b6-4af3-9183-a485a80ffdcb/udfs-in-excel-office-365?forum=appsforoffice

It is dead easy in google workbooks.

Is it on the timeline for Office365?

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:22 AM
  • Hi ztron,

I think what you mean is custom function support for Excel online. Please correct me if I have any misunderstanding. I’m afraid this feature is not supported in current version of Excel Online, if you want to future version of Excel to support this feature, I suggest you submitting a feedback.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Monday, March 9, 2015 7:08 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Any new estimated timeline?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:25 AM