Codedui: Unable To Identify Objects Inside The Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are unable to identify objects inside the virtual machine. We want to perform some tasks inside the virtual machine. The virtual machine object is getting identified as image. So when we perform tasks like creating a folder or opening any application inside that virtual machine, all actions are recorded as image.Need help on this ASAP.

Thanks

• Moved by Charles-Li Monday, April 27, 2015 2:19 AM
    • Moved by Tina-Shi Monday, April 27, 2015 4:37 AM The issue is related to the codedui test
    Friday, April 24, 2015 10:51 AM

Answers

• Coded UI works on the computer that is running the application. If your application's GUI is running in a VM then Coded UI needs to run in that same VM.

If Coded UI is running on one computer and that computer has a remote desktop for the computer running the application then Coded UI will only see an image of the VMs desktop, Coded UI will not be able to see the VMs's individual windows and their UI controls.

Regards

Adrian

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, May 4, 2015 10:00 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Haripriya78,

Since this thread is more related to Visual Studio, I will move it to the right forum for a better response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Hi Haripriya78,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>Codedui: Unable To Identify Objects Inside The Virtual Machine

Based on your issue, generally, I know that if you want to identify objects for coded UI test, I know that the recorder needs to be present in the machine on which you are trying to record actions.

For more information, please refer the Vinoth's suggestion to check this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/1b7a328d-a9b6-48a6-9cb9-8ff8ac7dd435/codedui-unable-to-identify-objects-inside-the-virtual-machine?forum=vsautotest

If I misunderstanding your issue, please tell me more message about your issue so that we will further help you support this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, May 4, 2015 2:54 AM
    • Edited by Tina-Shi Monday, May 4, 2015 10:00 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 4:43 AM
  • Coded UI works on the computer that is running the application. If your application's GUI is running in a VM then Coded UI needs to run in that same VM.

If Coded UI is running on one computer and that computer has a remote desktop for the computer running the application then Coded UI will only see an image of the VMs desktop, Coded UI will not be able to see the VMs's individual windows and their UI controls.

Regards

Adrian

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, May 4, 2015 10:00 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 8:16 AM