none
MCG0030 ProgramAnalysis Error reading XR.XML document

Question

• Windows 10 Pro, VS15, all is recent and updated. Building UWP app, running locally - all ok.

Trying to publish to Windows Store, Create Packages fails at build stage with messages:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\.NetNative\x86\ilc\IlcInternals.targets(791,7): error : MCG0030: MCG0030:ProgramAnalysis Error reading XR.XML document 'PortableLibraryName.xr.xml': Unexpected or missing node 'Roots'.__

and following error message is:

error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\.NetNative\x86\ilc\ilc.exe" ... /targetframeworkpath:"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" /RdXmlPath:"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\.NetNative\LibraryXML" /suppressPDBWarnings:true /AllowNoManagedCode /UseCustomFramework "/logger:CsvLogger;1556;1792"" exited with code 1201

Happens when we turn on .NET Native, when we turn it off all builds, but store rejects package.

Any help is appreciated.

S.G.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 1:16 PM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the exact same problem.
    Monday, August 3, 2015 6:32 PM
  • Hi Clemens,

Are you experiencing this with xamlmapcontrol? (I am...)

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:36 AM
  • Hi Jay,

you're right, it's with XAML Map Control.

Upcoming version 2.5 will have a Universal App sample application, which should compile with .NET Native. It runs with the MapControl.WinRT library, but the native build fails. I've then added a MapControl.UWP library that uses the same source files as MapControl.WinRT, but targets Universal Windows. With this library the native build succeeds.

I'm going to release it soon.

• Edited by ClemensF Saturday, August 8, 2015 12:19 PM
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Comparing the .xr.xml files generated for a Portable Class Library and a Universal Windows Class Library, I realized that Visual Studio 2015 (not 2013) generates a XML namespace at the <Roots> element:

<Roots xmlns="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Xaml.Tools.XamlCompiler.RootLog;assembly=Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.81.Build.Tasks">

The namespace declaration apparently breaks the .NET Native build of a Universal Windows App that references the PCL. After removing it, the build succeeds.

• Edited by ClemensF Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:40 AM
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 1:22 PM
  • I've reported this problem on Connect, feel free to vote for a fix:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1707366/visual-studio-2015-produces-broken-xr-xml-files-for-store-apps

Monday, August 24, 2015 1:34 PM
  • @ClemensF - how did you edit there xr.xml files. When I edit them, and recompile, they are just override with new copy. Of cource I don't have any problems when I compile in Debug, without .NET Native.

I have Window 8.1 with several PCL projects as references. Now I migrated main app project to Windows 10 (UDP) but PCL projects are no touched. What can I doo to fix it?

I don't want to migrate my PCL projects to Windows 10 UWP, because I have still share them to my old 8.1 projects.

poniat

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:00 PM