MENU Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• User-1994834398 posted

Hi,

When I use the menu adapter some style sheet code will inserted on the head section if the page:

1    <style type="text/css">
    2    .ctl00_Menu1_0 { background-color:white;visibility:hidden;display:none;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px; }
    3    .ctl00_Menu1_1 { text-decoration:none; }
    4    .ctl00_Menu1_2 {  }
    5    </STYLE>

I do not want this! How can I remove this becuase I have everything in an external css file.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:53 PM

All replies

• User-534056067 posted

I am the author of these CSS Friendly adapters. I lost several nights' sleep trying to solve this riddle. It was beyond me. You can post-process the page in all sorts of weird ways to strip stuff out using regular expressions and such. But it's totally hacky. Sorry, I simply found no way to do it cleanly and simply so I gave up. I decided I would live with these embedded styles, even though they annoy me.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:28 PM
  • User-1994834398 posted

Hi,

If you not use the CSS Friendly adapter it is still there.[:(] This is realy frustrating. I tried with Framework 2.0,3.0 and 3.5 (they all have it). I would like to have a SEO page and not this style garbage in this page. So hopefully someone is having a solution...

Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:46 AM
  • User1508127182 posted

I would like to have a SEO page and not this style garbage in this page. So hopefully someone is having a solution...

(Laughing) Yes: stay away from M$! No, really, I think the wish to get 100% clean markup out of tinysquishy products is a bit naïve. 99%, with CSSfriendly help, perhaps. We stick with Microsoft for other reasons. Russ is right: bite the bullet, ignore it.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 6:12 AM