Move from trial to purchased version of EW4 - II RRS feed

• Question

• Some time ago I asked for help in changing from the trial version of EW4 to a purchased  version.  Cheryl gave me good advice, which I followed, and got a DVD of Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional, with a 25 symbol product key.

Cheryl wrote "When you get it you don't need to unistall the trial, simply use the install key that comes with your purchase to activate the trial. That removed the time limitation of the trial".

I am embarrassed to ask how do I do this?

[I open EW4 by double clicking an icon "Microsoft Expression Web 4" on my desk top.

In an attempt to activated I put the DVD of EW4  into the computer and  clicked run setup.exe.  Then I got Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional and in maintenance I selected change.  I chose all three programs (default) Expression Web, Design and Encoder 4.  But install was grayed and I could not proceed.]

I regret asking for help again, but I would appreciate replies.

NoelFitzs Dublin Ireland.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:09 AM

All replies

• Noel,

You just need to go to the Help menu and select 'Enter product key'.

HTH

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Ian hs already responded. <g>

Don't forget to install Expression Design & Expression Encoder if you have a use for them since your product key will activate those as well.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Cheryl & Ian,

Many thanks for your replies.  I think both of you are wise!!

At last I have EW4 (with Encoder and Design) activated.

I really am encouraged by the support I have received here.  Replies to my trivial (for others, not for me) queries have been courteous, concise, clear and expert.  So I am more confident about future progress than I was.

Again, many thanks.

NoelFitzs Dublin Ireland.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Noel,

You are welcome, don't forgot to take advantage of the learning resources in the FAQ.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:51 PM