Report Viewer Parameter in Web Application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1466065877 posted

Hi,

I create a web application and it is used to load a report. In this report, some textboxes have action that will direct report to another report with different parameter.

However, I have a problem on passing parameter because we would like to allow the web application passes different parameter to report.

My first report page does not have parameter. But second page has parameter A, third page has parameter B & C. How can I pass parameter to report viewer in web application?

If I open first report page, my web application does not have parameter. 

But if I click textbox to second page, how can web application detect report viewer load second report page, show parameter selection, and allow user to select parameter in web applicaton?

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:10 AM

Answers

• User1711366110 posted

But if I click textbox to second page, how can web application detect report viewer load second report page, show parameter selection, and allow user to select parameter in web applicaton?

According to this case, It seems that you’d like to pass values between web pages. If that is the case, you could use query string to pass information or session etc.
    For more information about “How to: Pass Values Between ASP.NET Web Forms Pages”, Click here to refer about it.

Otherwise you can pass your parameter value through session like below :

ReportParameter p = new ReportParameter("paramname", Session["ValueName"].ToString());

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 11:37 PM