none
[W8.1]Windows 8.1 app deployment

Question

• Hi

i am developing an windows 8.1 uwp application(only for laptop/tablets ) . i want to deploy the application in carbon x1 8.1 windows device. how to do that. my moto is i want to share the .appx file with the client.

also

is there any way to create an exe file so that client can install the application.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:48 PM

All replies

• Terminology note: UWP apps are Windows 10 specific. Your Windows 8.1 app is a Windows Store app.

You will need to provide your appx to your client and the client can side-load it.

The client will need to enable the system for side-loading (easier on Windows 10 than Windows 8.1) and trust your certificate. Since side-loading is a system configuration thing not a development thing you'll find more information on TechNet and in the TechNet forums. See Try it out - sideload Windows Store apps .

While you can theoretically create an installer which will script the side-loading that's not part of the Windows Store app system. Generally the side-loaded app will be deployed via an MDM solution (Intune, SCCM, etc.)

• Proposed as answer by Azat Tazayan Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:56 PM