HD DVD Drive to use RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking for a PC-based HD DVD drive - preferably one with writing capabilities.  We also are on the Vista Beta to "drive" it, but we cannot find a recommendation for one.  Internal or external will do.  What are you guys using for development?  Thanks.

Regards,

=D-

Derek R. Flickinger

Interactive Homes, Inc.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Toshiba are now shipping a laptop with HD DVD ROM drive - see http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/toshibadirect.to?page=ces06_hddvd&seg=HHO

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:36 PM
  • Currently I think we can burn HD DVD content to DVD disc. It can be played with HD DVD CE Player or PC software Player.
    Sunday, July 16, 2006 7:09 AM
  • Maybe you can contact Toshiba sales for DVD drive.

TS-802 drive should be good for you.

Monday, July 17, 2006 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

I am wondering the content you burn on DVD disc is HD format or DVD format?

I am interesting to burning HD content on DVD disc for CE playback.

Monday, July 17, 2006 9:23 AM
  • Of course HD format. It contains a ADV_OBJ folder and a HVDVD_TS folder, with many navigation stuffs and titles.
    Monday, July 17, 2006 9:37 AM
  • The slimline drive SD-L902A is a good choice, too. It's working well with the latest HD DVD-R media.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 2:35 PM
  • Where can you buy that HD-DVD recorder? Because I can not find a single (web)store that sells them over here in the Netherlands.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 6:47 PM
  • That's the problem with HD DVD recording. Currently, there isn't any PC recorder available (as far as I know). I'm using a pre-production model.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:19 AM
  • Hi to all, in Italy there is the same problem, I can't find a HD-DVD burner ...

Please let me know where I can find it, (USA, JAP, ecc.) there is no problem to import it

Thank you in advance and excuse me for my english

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:54 AM