Getting System OutOfMemory Exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am continuously getting following error message while loading forms on SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise. To temporarily avoid this issue, I just reset IIS or recycle application pool  as a workaround and everything gets fine for just 5-10 minutes. But again same error message appears... I also noticed that SharePoint logs were growing tremendously...

LOG DETAILS:

Level: Critical

Category: Forms Services Runtime

Area: Forms Server

Process: w3wp.exe (0x13A0)

Error Message:

The form template failed to load. (User: Litware\steve.john, Form Name: OPD, IP: , Request: http://portal/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XmlLocation=/hr/OPD/steve.john2011-08-17T10_58_50.xml&Source=http://portal/hr/OPD/Forms/MyItems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:OPD:-myXSD-2010-04-22T09-39-41, Type: OutOfMemoryException, Exception Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.) 6bb8fa02-a29b-4647-8e2b-13afdd004bfd "

FYI: Following is the snapshot

OutOfMemoryException

Any Idea how to resolve this problem ?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated...

Muhammad Tariq khan
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:14 AM Forms Services *not* General (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

I am continuously getting following error message while loading forms on SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise. To temporarily avoid this issue, I just reset IIS or recycle application pool  as a workaround and everything gets fine for just 5-10 minutes. But again same error message appears... I also noticed that SharePoint logs were growing tremendously...

LOG DETAILS:

Level: Critical

Category: Forms Services Runtime

Area: Forms Server

Process: w3wp.exe (0x13A0)

Error Message:

The form template failed to load. (User: Litware\steve.john, Form Name: OPD, IP: , Request: http://portal/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XmlLocation=/hr/OPD/steve.john2011-08-17T10_58_50.xml&Source=http://portal/hr/OPD/Forms/MyItems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:OPD:-myXSD-2010-04-22T09-39-41, Type: OutOfMemoryException, Exception Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.) 6bb8fa02-a29b-4647-8e2b-13afdd004bfd "

FYI: Following is the snapshot

OutOfMemoryException

Any Idea how to resolve this problem ?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated...

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:22 AM
  • There is a 30 second publish timeout in InfoPath with Browser based forms. 

you need to look at the logic in your form and see what you can do to limit that to try to get the publish time down.  The more logic in your form the longer it takes to publish.

You can also check this link for Time out issue with infopath - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sharepointinfopath/thread/317c981d-b11a-4f93-a2f5-eff8b673c613

Hope this helps 

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Dear Zoeb S,

Appreciate your help and support...

I am experiencing this problem even in those InfoPath Form Libraries which have even no data connections and are deployed using simple logic. Also this error message appears when I click "New" button in forms library. Problem is that everything gets fine for about 10-15 minutes when I reset Application Pool or IIS. But after that error message starts appearing " Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException "....

Any further clues ?

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Okay. Did you check the 'Configure Session State' settings in Central admin ? try to increase that and check .

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Dear Zoeb S,

Following are my "Configure Session State" settings

User Browser-enabled Form Templates

Both options are selected

Allow users to browser-enable form templates
    Render form templates that are browser-enabled by users

Data Connection Timeouts

Default data connection timeout:800000000 milliseconds
    Maximum data connection timeout: 900000000 milliseconds

Data Connection Response Size

150000 kilobytes

HTTP Data Connection

Following option is selected

Require SSL for HTTP authentication to data sources

Thresholds

Number of postbacks per form session state: 7500
    Number of actions per postback: 20000

Form Session State

Active sessions should be terminated after: 14400 minutes
    Maximum size of form session state: 40960 kilobytes

Select the location to use for storing form session state:

Following option is selected

"Session State Service (best for low-bandwidth users)"

What should be the recommended and optimal settings "Configure Session State" ?

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hi All,

The problem "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException)" has been resolved by optimizing following things on SharePoint Server

• Configuring Web Gardens
    • Application Pool Recycling

Configuring Web Gardens

• Go to ISS Manager > Application Pools
    • Right click the desired Application Pool and click properties
    • Go to Performance Tab and increase worker processes in web gardens section from 1 to 8

Application Pool recycling

• Check mark “Recycle worker Process (in minutes)” and set value 30
    • Set three different timings in “Recycle worker processes at the following timings

At last things gets normal after performing above mentioned tweaks... Thanks all...

Regards

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:05 PM