Deployment history not working on cloud service (azure management portal) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i've started deploying web apps into the Cloud Services option. As first thing, i've created a new sample mvc project with a related cloud service project. Then i created a new related visual studio account (created with the web-based azure portal) and created a project.

After modifying the build definition to deploy into the correct cloud service, the build process has gone successful into the staging environment of the desired cloud service and then into production. But I've noticed that into the "Deployments" section still exists the initial screen

"Your team project is linked

Visual Studio Online will build your project and deploy it to Windows Azure on your next check-in."

and I can't see any screen of deployments either the Production and the Staging page. All builds are visible on the "build" section of the project.

Should i set permissions to a user group on Visual Studio to allow Azure portal management to read and manage builds of the project?

In Web Sites I can set up deployment history from the quick glance options of the dashboard, but into Service cloud i haven't seen anything of it.
    • Edited by John M Wood Monday, August 4, 2014 4:53 PM Invalidating cache
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Marco Slanzi,

I understand that this thread is old. I am replying to this thread as it might help other users with the same issue.

Ideally if you are creating a website using the website option, this would appear under the deployment.
    Since that you are using cloud services to deploy your web application, it would not appear in the deployment section of cloud services.
    You can refer to this article that will give you information on 'How to Create and Deploy a Cloud Service':

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/cloud-services-how-to-create-deploy/

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:44 PM