none
Execute custom handler on Ribbon Button Click RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

This is my first day attempting to develop an Outlook 2010 AddIn. In addition to Outlook 2010, I have Outlook Client for CRM 2011 installed. One of the abilities that Client gives you is, To be able to track emails within CRM using "Track" button within each email.

I need to capture the click event of that Track button and execute custom logic. How do I capture that Click event and wire up custom code to the event?

private void BtnTrack_Click(object sender, RibbonControlEventArgs args) {

// TODO: Execute custom code here... }

Also if you can guide and point to some of the learning resouces for Office Development, that would be great. Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,

Ashar

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, you want to capture the “Track” button click event of the CRM and implement some custom functions to it.

As far as I know, it is not possible to capture event from other Add-Ins.

The CRM is an add-in to the Outlook developed by Microsoft, and the ribbon controls of it are not exposed to be edit which is different from the Outlook Object Model. So you cannot capture the “Track” button click event and handle it.

Here is a link about the same requirement for your reference: Microsoft CRM Ribbon Group.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:05 AM