none
Can one edifact file has multiple seller? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi edifact experts,

I wanted to know that can one edifact has multiple suppliers, like in following example (IN BOLD) .. if no then how is it handled?

Thanks in advance..

UNA:+.? '
    UNB+UNOB:1+1101+1002+091119:1142+947320'
    UNH+0120+ORDERS:D:96A:UN'
    BGM+220:::BESTELLUNG PH+087000681003SO'
    DTM+137:20091210:102'
    NAD+SU+1101::9'

NAD+SU+1102::9'

NAD+SU+1103::9'

NAD+BY+1002::9'
    CUX+2:EUR:9'
    LIN+1++0815:EN'
    QTY+12:1357'
    LIN+2++0815:EN'
    QTY+12:1234'
    UNS+S'
    UNT+12+0120'
    UNZ+1+947320'

Friday, May 7, 2010 2:07 PM

Answers

• Kamlesh

Normally you will be having an XML schema which also can take multiple suppliers. If you have to create one file per supplier then you need to debatch based on the NADLoop1. Also it would require you to copy other details which would be required in the destination. This you can achieve by using orchestration and debatcing using Xpath.

Nikhil

Dont forget to mark as answer if it answeres

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Kamlesh,

The EDIFACT standard does support multiple Name and Address segments (NAD), which could all (theoretically) be a supplier (coded) name and addresses, however I'm not too sure why you would want to do this; an order is normally sent to a single supplier, unless you're trying to do a broadcast order of some type.

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

Nick.

Nick Heppleston - Independent UK BizTalk Consultant (http://www.modhul.com)

Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Looking for a fast and efficient way to archive messages in BizTalk? Try Atomic-Scope's new BizTalk Message Archiving Pipeline Component. Download a free 14-day trial!

Friday, May 7, 2010 3:22 PM
  •  

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick respose.

Actually I am creating an application that converts edifact to an XML so if it supports mutliple supplier (seller) in one edifact, I need to create diffrent XML for each supplier. (Means for above example I need to create 3 xmls with same data for each supplier)

Please provide your thoughts.

Thanks,

Kamlesh

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:58 AM
  • Kamlesh

Normally you will be having an XML schema which also can take multiple suppliers. If you have to create one file per supplier then you need to debatch based on the NADLoop1. Also it would require you to copy other details which would be required in the destination. This you can achieve by using orchestration and debatcing using Xpath.

Nikhil

Dont forget to mark as answer if it answeres

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:59 AM