HtmlInputFile value not being passed back RRS feed

• Question

• User-2117647399 posted

I have added an HtmlInputFile HtmlControl to my .aspx page using a "devicespecific" mobile control as follows:

<mobile:panel id="pnlAttachment" runat="server">
        <mobile:devicespecific id="dspAttachment" runat="server">
            <choice>
                <contenttemplate>
                    <input id="fleAttachment" type="file" size="60" runat="server">
                </contenttemplate>
            </choice>
        </mobile:devicespecific>
    </mobile:panel>

I then try to access the value of the HtmlInputFile control in my C# code as follows:

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputFile fleAttachment = (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputFile) pnlAttachment.Controls[0].FindControl("fleAttachment");

if (fleAttachment.Value.Trim() != string.Empty)
    {
        //process attachment
    }

I have used the same technique to obtain the value entered for a multiline TextBox WebControl object, but for some reason the "Value" property of my HtmlInputFile object is always an empty string, even if a value is set on the client by browsing to a file.

Does anyone have any idea why the value is not being passed back to the server?

Friday, April 6, 2007 9:02 AM

All replies

• User731069546 posted

You are right. I just tried this in my VB.NET code and using FindControl, I can not find any HTML controls. FidnControl works fine for other WebControls or Mobile Controls.

Maybe it got something to do with HTML Controls.

Friday, April 6, 2007 5:43 PM
  • User-1769650146 posted

if you don't mind to see from my idea on Language=VB

On my WebForm

<INPUT class="txtname" id="txtFilePriceList" style="WIDTH: 480px; HEIGHT: 17px" type="file" size="60" name="txtFilePriceList" runat="server">

And when I want to get string from txtFilePriceList, so i get it from
    xxx = txtFilePriceList.PostedFile.FileName

And when i want to get FileName from it i use
    xFileName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(txtFilePriceList.PostedFile.FileName)

i hope it helps!

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:24 AM