none
Cannot Activate RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to activate Windows Server 2016 R2; even though I have a valid activation key. (I have a MSDN Visual Studio subscription).

I have spent over 30 minutes trying to do this. There are no alternate methods other than automatic or enter key method. Neither one works.

no phone numbers to call ..ugh. just awful.

jawsurgeon

Monday, July 17, 2017 4:39 PM

All replies

• I am unable to activate Windows Server 2016 R2; even though I have a valid activation key. (I have a MSDN Visual Studio subscription).

I have spent over 30 minutes trying to do this. There are no alternate methods other than automatic or enter key method. Neither one works.

no phone numbers to call ..ugh. just awful.

jawsurgeon

Dear Jawsurgeon,

This section is only for Viaual Studio Subscription feedback and related queries and suggestions. Please do post your query in the relevant section.

Though in order to answer your query please provide some more information on what error you get when you try to activate Server 2016 R2 and you haven't mentioned which edition. Please do provide the required details so that I will try to help you out.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:18 PM