Back office => centralize web service RRS feed

• Question

• User632428103 posted

Hello all,

I would like to have some advice or information about our FUTUR solution ...

Actually, we work on a application who calls some webservice and store information about our database.

Imagine this situation, actually we have webservice A, B locate outiside our company.

We have decide to create a asp net project where we create a webservice who calls these two webservice (A B).

This new webservice (call C for example) can call Webservice A and B.

As this all " point of contact " will be called with the C web service ... 

After a client can call just C for to have access to A,B.

For me, it's pretty boring because it's a web service (C) who call another web service (A B)...

I think the time will be X 2, and we need PERHPAS some bad luck ...but not sure about this solution ...

Could you tell me, if the solution we decide it's a RIGHT WAY  or it's too bad and if yes which problem can appears ..

Thanks for all

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:42 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

As always it depends. If A and B are used in multiple applications inside your company and maybe are subject to changes or could be provided later by some other company, then hiding that behnd a C facade could be a good idea as you could then protect all your apps from this kind of change. C is on the local network and the slowdown could be acceptable.

As usual things are not just right or wrong. It's all about weighting benefits against drawbacks to see if it's worth. Who came up with this idea and why?

I'm using that for general services such as getting locations from addresses etc...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:01 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

As always it depends. If A and B are used in multiple applications inside your company and maybe are subject to changes or could be provided later by some other company, then hiding that behnd a C facade could be a good idea as you could then protect all your apps from this kind of change. C is on the local network and the slowdown could be acceptable.

As usual things are not just right or wrong. It's all about weighting benefits against drawbacks to see if it's worth. Who came up with this idea and why?

I'm using that for general services such as getting locations from addresses etc...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:01 AM
  • User632428103 posted

Hello patrice,

thanks for your comment .

for to respond to our questin, we discuss in a meeting and one of colleague suggest to centralize of web service.

for me, it's was a bad solution because we call a webservice who call another web service => 2 request for one respond :)

But ok, we need to try and see if the solution is nice or not ...

thanks

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:20 PM