The project type under Cloud RRS feed

• Question

• User-296654088 posted

Hi,

I installed Update 2 to Visual Studio 2013 yesterday. Today, I noticed that there seems to be a new option under "Cloud" option. Now, I see "ASP.NET Web Application" too.

I believe, we only had Cloud Service under "Cloud" option before this update. What is the difference between Cloud Service and ASP.NET Web Application under "Cloud"?

Friday, May 16, 2014 1:12 AM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi SamU,

My VS version is VS2013 Ultimate Update 2. I just found the Mobile Service and Cloud Service templates in the Cloud tab when create a new project. What’s the detail version of your VS?

As far as I know the cloud project (E.g. web application) is based on the cloud service. We could select the different web application template by select Cloud Service=>Add ASP.NET Web Role.

More information, please refer to:

# Getting Started with the Azure Tools for Visual Studio

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff687127.aspx

On the other hand, we also could create a normal web application project, then convert to Cloud Service project. (Right click the web application=>Convert=>Convert to Windows Azure Cloud Service project.)

To conclude, in my opinion, the ASP.NET Web Application project under Cloud tab is the same as Convert the web application to a cloud service project and the web application in the Cloud service.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:36 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi SamU,

Please create a new project to check whether it is same as the normal web application.

Base on the description of it, I think it is the same as normal application. (Maybe something wrong occurred when upgrade the VS.)

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:29 AM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi SamU,

My VS version is VS2013 Ultimate Update 2. I just found the Mobile Service and Cloud Service templates in the Cloud tab when create a new project. What’s the detail version of your VS?

As far as I know the cloud project (E.g. web application) is based on the cloud service. We could select the different web application template by select Cloud Service=>Add ASP.NET Web Role.

More information, please refer to:

# Getting Started with the Azure Tools for Visual Studio

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff687127.aspx

On the other hand, we also could create a normal web application project, then convert to Cloud Service project. (Right click the web application=>Convert=>Convert to Windows Azure Cloud Service project.)

To conclude, in my opinion, the ASP.NET Web Application project under Cloud tab is the same as Convert the web application to a cloud service project and the web application in the Cloud service.

Thanks

Best Regards

Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:36 PM
  • User-296654088 posted

My version for Visual Studio 2013 Professional is 12.0.30501.00 Update 2.

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I see:

Screen shot

Monday, May 19, 2014 12:16 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi SamU,

Please create a new project to check whether it is same as the normal web application.

Base on the description of it, I think it is the same as normal application. (Maybe something wrong occurred when upgrade the VS.)

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:29 AM