Tessellation Error on Some Nvidia Cards

Question

• Hello guys

I wrote a program which must tessellate and simple triangle. But I think something is wrong with Windows 8 and tessellation. Here is the situations:

* On ATI graphic cards, everything work fine on both win32 and winRT. the tessellated triangle and render on screen. Also it works fine on the Nvidia Graphics cards of my PC. 

* But on Nvidia mobility graphics card, I mean my laptop, the code works fine only on win32 app and nothing render in winRT. Is there any bug with DirectX 11.1 and Nvidia mobility graphics card???

I upgraded my display driver, but nothing changed.

Here is my graphics card : Nvidia GT6350M-2GB.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:41 PM

All replies

• Do these samples work on your laptop correctly?

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Direct3D-Tessellation-70afba2c

Friday, January 31, 2014 7:05 AM
  • The tessellation samples from SDK june 2010 works correctly. When I port it to the WinRT for Windows Store (XAML + Direct3D) , it worked only on laptop which has Mobility ATI graphics cards. Mobility NVIDIA not supports. I tested on many laptops and I still have this problem. 

The winRT sample on the PC works fine on both NVIDIA and ATI graphics cards. I have debugged it with graphics diagnostics and everything is worked fine but nothing rendered on screen.

• Edited by Samuel.V Friday, January 31, 2014 3:17 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:12 PM
  • I forgot to mention that I composed XAML and Direct3D in order to run tessellation on Win Store App with CPP/CX.
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:15 PM
  • Thank you chuck.

I just uploaded my source code. May be I'm missing something. 

The code works fine on mobility ATI graphic cards but not showing anything on mobility NVIDIA graphic cards.

BasicTess.zip

Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:53 AM