none
Issues with Advanced Find & Dynamic Lists Since Polaris/R12

Question

• My client has CRM Online and is having an issue since the Polaris upgrade. The new forms have been installed, although it took four attempts at the upgrade process to get it to "take".

The first example is an Advanced Find. It joins Contact to Account. If I download the Fetch, I get:

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">
      <entity name="contact">
        <attribute name="fullname" />
        <attribute name="telephone1" />
        <attribute name="contactid" />
        <order attribute="fullname" descending="false" />
        <filter type="and">
          <condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="0" />
          <condition attribute="statuscode" operator="not-in">
            <value>100000000</value>
            <value>2</value>
          </condition>
          <condition attribute="emailaddress1" operator="like" value="%@%" />
          <condition attribute="new_customattribute_2" operator="eq" value="1" />
        </filter>
        <link-entity name="account" from="accountid" to="parentcustomerid" visible="false" alias="a_dc9b80f8c78146d89fd6a3b610836975">
          <attribute name="customertypecode" />
          <filter type="and">
            <condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="0" />
            <condition attribute="statuscode" operator="not-in">
              <value>100000000</value>
              <value>2</value>
            </condition>
            <condition attribute="new_customattribute" operator="ne" value="1" />
            <condition attribute="address1_stateorprovince" operator="ne" value="AA" />
            <condition attribute="address1_stateorprovince" operator="ne" value="BB" />
            <condition attribute="address1_stateorprovince" operator="ne" value="CC" />
            <condition attribute="parentaccountidname" operator="not-like" value="xxxxxxx%" />
            <condition attribute="parentaccountidname" operator="not-like" value="yyyyyyy%" />
            <condition attribute="parentaccountidname" operator="not-like" value="zzzzzzz%" />
            <condition attribute="customertypecode" operator="in">
              <value>5</value>
              <value>100000001</value>
              <value>100000002</value>
            </condition>
          </filter>
        </link-entity>
      </entity>
    </fetch>

(I have changed some data values.)

However, when I open the Advanced Find the UI, it doesn't show the join to Account.

I noticed the Fetch sets the visibility of the join to false. Not sure why that would occur. Furthermore I wonder if the alias value has something to do with it but I didn't find any information on that.

There are also issues with dynamic Marketing Lists. There are several with joins like outlined above. When you test them (Manage Members -> Find) you get that frustrating error with no detail:

We also get the issues where views are not displaying the joins in dynamic Marketing Lists. One user reported the following error when converting a dynamic list to a static one:

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147217104</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>Table alias a_dc9b80f8c78146d89fd6a3b610836975 is not unique amongst all top-level table and join aliases</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-01-31T20:55:48.3580295Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

There is zero help online regarding this error.

Thanks for any help.

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:19 PM

Answers

• Well, Sokha - it took six weeks and an escalation to Fargo but we worked it out.

The short answer is this: the Advanced Find View in the entities had pulled in some columns from associated entities (e.g., Account pulled in info from the 1:N Contact). Once we removed these columns from the View, this problem cleared up.

I have never known this to be a problem and MS Support indicated that R12 seems to have added a dependency or two on that View under the hood.

Hope that helps. Thanks to James Rodrigues from my office for his help on this one too.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Bob,

I believe that the best answer for you would be - contact Microsoft Dupport and open a ticket.

Freelance Developer for Dynamics CRM 4.0/2011

Friday, February 01, 2013 9:08 PM
  • We're seeing the same issue. If you export the view's FetchXML after you receive the error, you'll see 2 linked entity with the same table alias.

Were you able to resolve this?

Friday, February 15, 2013 4:23 PM
  • It's a little backward to say, but that is great news - I'm not alone. We have had a ticket open with Microsoft on this one for a while now (pushing 10 days) and their platform team is investigating. I will report back what we find.

Friday, February 15, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Hey Bob, were you able to get any where with this with Microsoft Support?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Hi Sokha, I'm sorry to say it but no. The ticket is still open (3+ weeks now) and they say they are working on it, and that it has been escalated to the platform team. I'll be sure to post here when (if) there is a resolution.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Hey Bob, I opened an MS Support Ticket as well and was able to come to a solution but it doesn't explain how it happened in the first place. Basically, the issue goes away if you recreate the relationship. I know it sucks since it means removing the dependencies from all views and forms and backing up data. In our case it happened to a new Entity so there wasn't much data to back up. Let me know if you end up coming up with a better solution.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Well, Sokha - it took six weeks and an escalation to Fargo but we worked it out.

The short answer is this: the Advanced Find View in the entities had pulled in some columns from associated entities (e.g., Account pulled in info from the 1:N Contact). Once we removed these columns from the View, this problem cleared up.

I have never known this to be a problem and MS Support indicated that R12 seems to have added a dependency or two on that View under the hood.

Hope that helps. Thanks to James Rodrigues from my office for his help on this one too.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Hi Bob 

If you are still intrested in the issue above, then maybe have a look at this article, where I think I have a resolution that removes the real issue from the problem related entity.

http://wikap.dk/2013/08/corruption-of-views-an-table-alias-dublicate-in-crm-2011-after-polaris-update/

/Henrik

Monday, August 12, 2013 2:38 PM