How to know pre-requisits installed in device? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application which need the functionality which should alert if the pre-requisites are installed in the device or not.

For example: for my application the .Net compact framework 3.5.cab and Sql CE.cab have to be installed before logging into the application. My requirement is to track if those are available otherwise gracefully come out of the application with an error message.

Currently the application is crashing.

Any help is appreciated.

--Shubh

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Shubh,

This can be implemented while making a cab file. Check the code which I posted here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxcompact/thread/c4f73fd6-29b1-4951-9075-db3a922bfac4

Regards,

Malleswar

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:12 AM
  • Hi Shubh,

If you are trying to generate CAB installation file, we can use a setupdll to check whether CF3.5 or others pre-requisites have been installed and pop up message. SDK provide two sample about setupdll, please refer to them:

C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32\SetupDLL

C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32\multicabinstall

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Shubh,

This can be implemented while making a cab file. Check the code which I posted here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxcompact/thread/c4f73fd6-29b1-4951-9075-db3a922bfac4

Regards,

Malleswar

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:12 AM
  • Hi Shubh,

If you are trying to generate CAB installation file, we can use a setupdll to check whether CF3.5 or others pre-requisites have been installed and pop up message. SDK provide two sample about setupdll, please refer to them:

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
  • Hi Shubh,

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

• Hi Malleswar,

Thanks for your reply. Is this code written in C#? How to implement in my code?

I simply want to know if the pre-requisites are installed then I must show a message box and come out the application.

Regards

-Shubh

Thursday, April 1, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Hi Guang,

The code is in VC++ language, I hope. I don't find any method which checks for pre-requisits installation.

Please help

Regards

-Shubh

Thursday, April 1, 2010 9:43 AM