none
What is the datalake analytics runtime version

Question

• I can see there are 2 runtime version in the job management section

1) release_20180315_adl_991096

2)release_20180508_adl_1188452

What is the difference between this 2 runtime version? I can see all my job is failing with release_20180508_adl_1188452 version.

I need to know what type modification is require into the code.

Friday, July 27, 2018 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We would like to understand better what is causing this error. Can you please paste a screen shot of the error and briefly explain your U-SQL job? We will take a look at it when you provide these information. Until then, Please continue to use the previous version.

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:50 PM
  • To add to Vairavan's answer:

The two runtime versions indicate the previous and current release. The current release has been rolled out into the regions over the last week or two, appearing in EAST US 2 this week.

It would be helpful if you can provide us with a description of the job failures (and feel free to file an official incident, if the scripts used to work but now fail).

Without having the description, but based on some other reports, my guess is the following:

If the failure is because of an access violation on a path under \adla\tmp, you are running the job in an environment where your account does not have write access to the root folder and/or \adla\tmp. We are currently looking into fixing this issue. Until the fix has been released, you have the following options:

1. Create the \adla\tmp folder and give RWX access to everyone. That should keep the jobs running.
    2. When running your jobs, please specify the old runtime version (release_20180315_adl_991096). All the submission tools (portal, VisualStudio, SDKs, ADF) have a way to specify a specific runtime version.
    3. Contact support and ask them to pin your ADLA account to the old runtime version until the issue has been addressed.

If this is not the cause of your failures, please file an incident and let us know what the error is.

Michael Rys

Friday, July 27, 2018 9:00 PM