none
Problems disabling custom adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have just developed a custom receive adapter. My problem is that the adapter does not stop it's processing when it is disabled through the adm console. I have tried googleing the web to figure out how this is managed in a biztalk adapter. There must be some method which I need to implement is what I think. I could't find the answer in the adapter framework documentation. Could someone point me in the right direction?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 3:04 PM

Answers

• If you were not aware, there are some good samples in the BizTalk SDK for custom adapters. The files typically at C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\SDK\Samples\AdaptersDevelopment\File Adapter\Runtime give you some examples that call Terminate().

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:55 PM

All replies

• Did you try removing the adapter from BizTalk - look in the Platform Settings\Adapters in the BizTalk admin console. Also, when you deploy the adapter you usually have a .reg file for adding the registry settings for the custom adapter. If you can find the .reg file used for your adapter you can remove those entries from your registry so the adapter cannot be seen by BizTalk.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, November 9, 2009 4:10 PM
  • Correction: The receive location does not stop it's processing when it is disabled. I do not have a problem with removing the adapter from BizTalk. I can se in the eventlog that the 'adapter instance' keeps processing after I disable the receive location.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:43 AM
  • It seemes like calling ControlledTermination.Terminate() within the Stop() method did the trick...
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:37 AM
  • If you were not aware, there are some good samples in the BizTalk SDK for custom adapters. The files typically at C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\SDK\Samples\AdaptersDevelopment\File Adapter\Runtime give you some examples that call Terminate().

Thanks,
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:55 PM