It take long time to send SMS

Question

• This is one close place I can find.

I have Windows 8 app to send SMS using MBNAPI. The ATT 340 beam usb modem is used for wireless connection, Occasionally, it took more than 50 seconds to send SMS message.

I also created an Android app to send SMS, I never saw it took more than 50 seconds.

Anyone has this kind of issue  or any idea why this may happen?

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi ychen_123,

Move to Tailoring your Windows Store app for hardware and devices   forum.

Have no experience working with SMS device, but I would provide you some best practice:Mobile Broadband API Best Practices. Hope helps.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:07 AM
  • I'm not sure this is an issue or not with your 340 beam usb modem on Windows 8. But perhaps it needs an update. I like how they make it Windows 8s fault! :)

Special Instructions for Updating the AT&T Beam

"Windows 8 Users Special Instructions for Updating the AT&T Beam

Due to how Windows 8 handles modem drivers, the AT&T Beam update needs to be performed on a non-Windows 8 computer. Detailed instructions:

1. Obtain access to a Windows computer that does not run Windows 8 - e.g. Windows 7 or Windows XP

2. Log on using an account with Administrator (installation) privileges.

3. Insert the AT&T Beam into a USB port on the computer.

4. If any driver or AllAccess installation prompts appear, accept and install them.

5. Next, download the software update file.

6. Once the file is downloaded, double-click to start the update, and follow the on-screen prompts.

7. Once the update is complete, you may use your AT&T Beam on any computer, including Windows 8."

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:15 AM
  •  I  updated the driver/firmware on Windows 7 before working on Windows 8. By the way, this is Windows 8 desktop system.

Thanks 

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 8:20 PM
  •  I  updated the driver/firmware on Windows 7 before working on Windows 8. By the way, this is Windows 8 desktop system.

Thanks 

Perhaps you should contact AT&T customer support. Also how many bars do you have (as apparently an LCD screen on it can show signal strength or something)? Note that in the reviews I see at Amazon they don't appear too flattering about the AT&T Beam USB Modem.

Also the Android app doesn't use that AT&T Beam USB Modem for connecting, right?

Amazon - Customer Reviews AT&T Beam 4G LTE USB Modem (AT&T)

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Android app use the SAMSUNG phone. Both modem and phone are located at my cube, which should have similar signal strength.  I do aware this modem has issue to hold the connection, we resolved this problem by adding antenna.

Anyway, think for the suggestion. I'll try that on WIN8.1 at some point.

Android app use the SAMSUNG phone. Both modem and phone are located at my cube, which should have similar signal strength.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 1:55 PM