none
Creating a modal custom task pane RRS feed

• Question

• How do you emulate the modal dialog background screen freeze in Microsoft Office 2010. Here is a sample of just a screen

Open up two Microsoft Word 2010 apps (app A and app B)

Click on Insert Ribbon-Tab on app A 

Click Chart button in the Ribbon  on app A

Try clicking on the background of both app A and app B; the Chart on app A is still up and app B is ignored. How can this be done with VSTO, custom task pane and WPF?

• Edited by Zoldello Monday, August 6, 2012 2:33 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 3:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Zoledllo,

Thank you posting in the MSDN Forum.

Based on your description, I find I am not able to reproduce your issue because I have some confusion with your question. Could you please tell us which version of word you are using and give more details information of what you want to implement in the vsto project? It's beneficial for us to do further research.

Best Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:37 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The version of Office is 2010.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM , I just want to EMULATE THE BEHAVIOR in Microsoft Word 2010 where when you upon a pop-up like I talked about, the background freezes.

The Insert is a tab in the Ribbon. The Chart is a button in the Insert-tab; in the Ribbon. The button works fine, I just want to learn how to emulate the background-freeze modal dialog box-bahavior using Custom Task Panes.  

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:30 PM
  • Hi Zoledllo,

I see what you means. As you mentioned, when a dialog is in an opening state in app A's window, we can not activate a an another app B' window until the app A's dialog is closed. However, as far as I know, the Custom Task Pane should not be applied in that case because it has no appropriate members(properties, methods or events) to use.  You can refer to the following threads I think would be helpful. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa942047 & http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb264456 

Have a good day.

Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:15 AM
  • So, what can be used to accomplish this/how can this be accomplished?
    • Edited by Zoldello Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hi Zoledllo,

As far as I know, there is no API for accomplishing this.

Thanks,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]

Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:53 AM