Is iTunes compatible with Windows Developer Preview?

Question

• My computer is recognizing my apple software but I am unable to sync anything from my iPod touch 2g. To start this discussion, I am simply asking "is windows 8 developer preview compatible with iTunes?"
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:47 AM

Answers

• Since this is a preview of the operating system, iTunes may not work with the Windows Developer Preview.
    Try these steps, however when you start the sync don't have the device plugged in yet.
    1) Close iTunes
    2) Go to Services
    3) Stop "Apple Mobile Device" service
    4) Plug device in, wait for the 1 or 2 chimes
    5) Start "Apple Mobile Device"
    6) Open iTunes
    7) When Sync you might get an "Unable to receive data from sync services", but it should sync.

You might also check in the Apple iTunes forums to see if anyone has come up with a suggestion.

Marilyn
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:55 AM

All replies

• Since this is a preview of the operating system, iTunes may not work with the Windows Developer Preview.
    Try these steps, however when you start the sync don't have the device plugged in yet.
    1) Close iTunes
    2) Go to Services
    6) Open iTunes
    7) When Sync you might get an "Unable to receive data from sync services", but it should sync.

You might also check in the Apple iTunes forums to see if anyone has come up with a suggestion.

Marilyn
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:55 AM
  • You know I had this exact same problem and you just fixed it for me !! Thanks a million, one less problem for me to worry about :)
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:58 PM
  • Thank you Marilyn, it worked. I can't thank you enough. I was have been trying to find an answer to this question for 3 weeks and you helped me. It worked just as you said. It worked perfectly and I didn't get an "Unable to receive data from sync services" problem. All is well. Thank you....:)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:23 PM
  • I'm glad to see that I"m not the only one. I'm happy that your problem was solved as well as mine....:)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:39 PM
  • This did not work for me, which really makes me sad because iOS 5 is coming out tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind it worked thanks so much!!!!! I'm so excited for iOS 5!

Edit again: Do I need to do this every time I need to sync? The device didnt pull up when I tried a couple minutes ago. :l
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:57 PM
    1) Close iTunes
    2) Go to Services
    6) Open iTunes

Marilyn

You Could Try My Mounter http://www.4shared.com/file/oQyYlcxw/W8DP_iPod_Mounter.html

It does the same thing but its easier

• Proposed as answer by Comabc3 Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:47 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:03 AM
  • Thank you so much for this, works just great!!!
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:43 PM
  • I downloaded the iTunes 64 setup today, launched it from the download directory, ran as administrator. It installed and activated my account with no issues.  I am streaming radio stations is the background while in IE and dev tools with no issues.

As for sync issues, havent found my ipod yet to try out device recognition yet, will let you know.

But so far I'd say iTunes 10.5 is mostly compatible. Which amazes me to no end considering this is just a DP review release!

Monday, January 30, 2012 6:45 PM