Get browser TCP status & TCP connection time RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

When user open the browser it estblish the TCP connection with server. Please tell me how i get TCP status & TCP connection time for opend browser.

Thanks,
    Anand

Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:54 PM

Answers

• Using the IpHelperAPI, you can call GetTcpTable() to get the list of open TCP connections and watch that to see when each opens and closes.
    GetTcpStatisticsEx() will tell you more information on TCP connections in general.

I do not think there is a way to separate out TCP traffic from Pocket IE from other forms of TCP traffic using IpHelperAPI.

As an alternative, your program could use the WinPCAP for Windows CE to watch for web traffic and use that to manually count TCP packets and connection times. This will be significantly more difficult, but it will get you closer to your stated goal.

-PaulH
    Monday, August 3, 2009 4:50 PM

All replies

• HI,

When user open the browser it estblish the TCP connection with server. Please tell me how i get TCP status & TCP connection time for opend browser.

Thanks,
    Anand

Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:54 PM
  • Using the IpHelperAPI, you can call GetTcpTable() to get the list of open TCP connections and watch that to see when each opens and closes.
    GetTcpStatisticsEx() will tell you more information on TCP connections in general.

I do not think there is a way to separate out TCP traffic from Pocket IE from other forms of TCP traffic using IpHelperAPI.

As an alternative, your program could use the WinPCAP for Windows CE to watch for web traffic and use that to manually count TCP packets and connection times. This will be significantly more difficult, but it will get you closer to your stated goal.

-PaulH
    Monday, August 3, 2009 4:50 PM
  • Hi I advice you to have a look to the sample Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\MFC\CMHELPER. It is available in Windows Mobile 06 SDK, and it contains all the necessary to establish TCP connections if it is available. Cheers
    Monday, August 3, 2009 8:45 PM