Strange Behavior

Question

• I started a very simple app with two list boxes and a very small database just to have something to put in them. I used a transform on the list boxes and now when I run the app, the list boxes display as normal list boxes and in a second or two the transformation is applied. It's like an animation which is not what I was really after. I am thinking I need an async method somewhere but I have no idea where. It's not the data which is really minimal causing the delay. Here is the code for the transformation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Code behind has not been modified at all. Basic page template.

<ListBox x:Name="lbOne" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="190" Grid.Row="1" 
                     Width="170" DisplayMemberPath="Name" 
                     ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource Persons}}">
                <ListBox.Projection>
                    <PlaneProjection RotationY="45"/>
                </ListBox.Projection>
            </ListBox>

<ListBox x:Name="lbTwo"   Grid.Row="1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="170" 
        		ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource Ages}}" DisplayMemberPath="Name">

<ListBox.Projection>
        			<PlaneProjection RotationY="125"/>
        		</ListBox.Projection>
        	</ListBox>

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce your problem in my computer. The two lisboxes can transform without a stack panel. You can share a reproduce sample in OneDrive so that we can test it.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thanks for the response. In the end I decided I didn't like the listbox transformed so I deleted that project and don't have the code anymore. It was kind of a cool 3D effect if you made the background of the listbox transparent and put a background image on the page but it wasn't a good fit for what I was planning. I thought about what was causing the delay and why it worked with stackpanel and best I can figure is the stackpanel made it render faster. I'm using a laptop so your processing may be faster. Thanks again. I do appreciate your help.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:31 PM

All replies

• I solved this. I put the list boxes in a stack panel. I don't know why this worked though. If anyone has time to explain it, I'd be delighted to find out.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

I cannot reproduce your problem in my computer. The two lisboxes can transform without a stack panel. You can share a reproduce sample in OneDrive so that we can test it.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

Best Wishes!

Thanks for the response. In the end I decided I didn't like the listbox transformed so I deleted that project and don't have the code anymore. It was kind of a cool 3D effect if you made the background of the listbox transparent and put a background image on the page but it wasn't a good fit for what I was planning. I thought about what was causing the delay and why it worked with stackpanel and best I can figure is the stackpanel made it render faster. I'm using a laptop so your processing may be faster. Thanks again. I do appreciate your help.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:31 PM