Azure Active Directory Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have on prem AD(mostly server 2016 w/ some 2008 r2), sync'd up to office 365 for what i believe to be solely for credential management. Lately I have been noticing that some users have not been getting sync'd or that their account is not recognized. Also I have been seeing heart beat skipped in the last 120 minutes, but most of the time I look on the portal, I see that there is no issue or appears to be no issue. I know there is a delay on changes but this behavior is hours after the fact. Last night we created a user 1 to 3 hours later still could not recognize account. We then ran a full sync manually and it seems that it then allowed us to log into that account. I don't really see where things are going wrong, honestly it just seems to randomly not pick up changes. One day I went through the synchronization service where a 2 users around the same time changed password... 1 user here in the office I see listed as a change the other I do not. that user does go through another server (DC) simply for help with log in that's it. I dunno, long story short, I am getting inconsistent updating/changes and errors with skipping heartbeat and no real knowledge to trouble shoot it. I have a diagnostic PS script but either I am over looking or don't know what I am looking for. Any help with diagnosing issues on this would be great, or any insight into other peoples experience with similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:43 PM

Answers

• I told the Sync service to restart after failure havent seen the error since.
    • Marked as answer by Adam Beck1 Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:21 PM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:20 PM

All replies

• We would request you to create a Technical Support Ticket as our engineers would need to work with you on the issue and would require more details like your Subscription and/or Tenant details.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 PM
  • I told the Sync service to restart after failure havent seen the error since.
    • Marked as answer by Adam Beck1 Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:21 PM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:20 PM
  • We are glad to know that your issue got resolved. 
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:05 PM