none
SharePoint Site not Loading After Server move

Question

• Recently our Development server had to be moved with a new IP Address, since then the main site has been getting cannot Be found or cannot display errors. Here is what I’ve checked so far based on other posts I’ve tried.

-Central administration is working with no problems, so it’s just the site not loading.  

-Pinged the ID address with CP and it Replied so the IP address works.

-In the (IIS) Manager, All items in the Application Pool have started states and seem to be set up correctly.

-In the (IIS) Manager, All Bindings Seem to be setup correctly.

-I have tried looking up the host file, it only contained the local host IP address. I am not that familiar with host files, so I am not sure if this is correct or not.

-In Event Viewer I keep getting the following error, Event 6398 Sharepoint Foundation.

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.CustomDictionaryDeploymentJobDefinition (ID 6450c1b2-cf3d-4bb1-867d-de4abe57241e) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

After Looking up how to get to failed jobs here is the failed job, runs every 10 minutes.

Search Custom Dictionaries Update

Updates the custom dictionaries used for Search. These include custom dictionaries for company extraction and for query spelling correction.

I am not sure where to go from here, any advice would be greatly Appreciated.

Monday, May 13, 2019 2:57 PM

All replies

• Your dictionary issue is something that can be ignored.

Is the DNS A record updated to point to the new IP?

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, May 13, 2019 4:06 PM
  • How would i go about checking that? 
    Monday, May 13, 2019 5:45 PM
  • It depends on what DNS product you're using. Probably Active Directory integrated DNS. I would contact your AD admins to ask them to make the change.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:01 PM
  • Hi Joshua,

As Trevor mentioned, you need go to your DNS server(hopefully also your AD), make sure the server point to the new IP address in DNS.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:36 AM
  • OK, I’m checking on that  - I don’t know if that’s the answer yet.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

I will be checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Monday, May 27, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Sorry for long delay, according to our admin the ip address in the DNS is setup correctly.
    • Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:39 PM