Integrating multiple web applications though common navigation RRS feed

• Question

• User1754026945 posted
    Hello guy, i I have a few ASP. NET MVC applications deployed in azure. As of now the users can log into these applications independently from each of these applications. SSO has been implemented.

I want to build a common navigation system so that the user can navigate from app 1 to app 2 and then to app 3 seamlessly. (similar to office 365 portal) When we build more apps in the future, the common navigation should be easily adoptable for that.

One solution what i am thinking is to build a web application that only contains navigation menu and there would be an iframe that loads the respective app when clicked on the navigation. This is something which i am not comfortable to try knowing the complexity involved with iframes.

What could be the best approach to build this kind of set up? Please provide me some pointers as to how I can proceed.
    Monday, July 2, 2018 1:51 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Devlr,

One solution what i am thinking is to build a web application that only contains navigation menu and there would be an iframe that loads the respective app when clicked on the navigation. This is something which i am not comfortable to try knowing the complexity involved with iframes.

In my opinion, using iframe is a good choice to aviod modifying a lot of page.

Besides, I suggest you could generate the navigation menu dynamically by database or xml file.

We could use jquery to read the data and fill the data into the nav bar in each MVC application's layout page.

More details, you could refer to below article.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/creating-dynamic-menu-from-database-by-using-mvc-angularjs 

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:38 AM
  • User1754026945 posted
    Thanks for the suggestion Brando, will consider this.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:37 PM