none
Run time error 75 Path/File Access Error RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

pleas i need help as i faced Path/File Access Error when opening the file, when the debug popup window is appeared the hit debug

another crash window popped up

as per the glitch massage, i can't identify the problem with which Code, this workbook have more than one code plus have about 4 forms. as shown i use office 2013.

if the workbook is required to preview i can upload

Gratefully,

Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, this issue is related to debug code, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.
    Friday, February 20, 2015 2:05 AM
  • Hi Ahmed MAbdel Kader,

To determin whether the issue was caused by the code in VBA, I susggest that you try to open the workbook in safe mode.

Then you can remove the code to wether the issue was fixed. If yes, we can comment the code line by line to see which line of code to cause this issue.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Hello Fie,

I did what you commented then i opened the workbook in safe mode. the error went away, and the sheet work as well, when opened it in another machine both with office 2010 or 2013, nothing go wrong, this error occurs with my machine only, while this workbook was work perfectly without any glitch before, neither new add-ins nor software had been installed before crash for this bug, but creating Lync account only,

any suggestions for treating these trouble, is repairing or re-install office can correct the matter?, appreciate any additional suggestions      

Gratefully,

Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:45 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

Can you post the VBA code snippet that caused this problem?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Hello Caillen,

as i clarified before the workbook have a lot of codes related of filter data in listbox, filter data by userform, replace data from sheet to another one, code for outlook notification with a specific action "when replace data"

i uploaded the zipped workbook, the Codes is commented as much as i can to be easy somehow, if there are some needed info, i'll provide you.

the workbook

Gratefully,

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:46 PM
  • Hi Ahmed M Abdel Kader,

Thanks for the sample document.

I could open this workbook successfully too. Since the issue only occur on the specific machine, I suspect the issue may relative to the enviroment.

And since it use the form controls and there is a know issue about this recentlly. Please follow the suggestion by the KB below and let us whether it is helpful:
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3025036/EN-US?wa=wsignin1.0

Here is the blog for this issue:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/the_microsoft_excel_support_team_blog/archive/2014/12/11/forms-controls-stop-working-after-december-2014-updates-.aspx

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:49 AM
  • Hello Fie,

as you clarified may be this issue only occur on the specific machine, i'll take a look to the mentioned URLs perhaps get it solved,

Thanks a lot, 

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:06 AM