none
How to exceed 10 field limit on index? RRS feed

• Question

• MS Access 2013. I link to several tables in an Oracle db. One critically important table requires a unique index containing 14 fields.

When I link to it and attempt to select the 14 fields Access warns of the 10 field limit. Unfortunately, without all 14 fields as the unique index, I can't reliably edit records in the table via Access. Also, I've tried designing the linked table after the fact, to include additional indexing, but since it is a linked table, Access won't retain such edits.

Is there any way to tweak the configuration of the Access db to allow linking to an Oracle table and selecting the 14 fields as a unique index?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide! Cheers, --XJetJock

Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi X-Jet-Jock,

>> Is there any way to tweak the configuration of the Access db to allow linking to an Oracle table and selecting the 14 fields as a unique index?

No, it is impossible. This limitation still exists in Access 2016. You could refer Access 2016 specifications.

If this is a new feature you want to include in the future, I would suggest you submit a feedback.

http://access.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:00 AM