Why is text rendering blurred in Expression Design? RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason any and all TEXT I draw in Design comes up blurry.
    The edges are just not sharp and it happens on all fonts and sizes?

Why is this?

There were no effects on either text or the graphic. Just a plain background.

Thanks in advance.
    • Edited by tangos888 Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:59 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:35 PM

All replies

• Look in the View menu to see if there's a check mark next to the Pixel Preview item. If so click the item to remove the check mark. If that's not the problem you might raise the document resolution by going to File > Document Size and adjusting the resolution slider.

Did any of these suggestions work for you?
    Annie
    Friday, June 26, 2009 4:11 PM
  • This is going to sound simple, but also make sure you are viewing your text at 100% and not 150% or higher.

Will
    Friday, June 26, 2009 9:19 PM
  • This is going to sound simple, but also make sure you are viewing your text at 100% and not 150% or higher.

Will
    Hi, I tried both options by Annie, ie made sure Pixel Priview was not on, and also increased the resolution. But still having very blurry text on all fonts. I guess unless you increase size on the whole image I am out of luck. I tried outputting at 300dpi and then reducing it on the page, it helped sharped the fonts a little bit but not crisp by any means. So no luck. 

Will, does viewing at 100% really matter for the output? I did look at it in 100% though. 
    Friday, June 26, 2009 9:23 PM
  • Viewing at 100% doesn't affect output. I think Will was refering to having your text look blurry on the artboard.

Did you check to see that you have strokes turned off? If you would like to send your file to v-anford at microsoft dot com I'll take a look at it for you to see what the problem might be. Without looking it's hard to say. It could be a number of things.
    Annie
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:55 AM
  • I am not sure about any "Computer Related Issues" that could be causing the issue. What about the color choice, some vibrant colors can look a bit blurry when matched.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:27 AM
  • I,ve got the same problem,text rendering quality is horrible in ME Design 4,I've checked all possible issues from previous answers,I'd like to know whether this is a general problem or not,if so it would be very dissapointing an if not what's the problem with my system?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:50 PM
  • http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/06/23/engineering-changes-to-cleartype-in-windows-7.aspx

some articles on web  describe it look internet

clear type or blurry text

maybe it can be of some help

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:03 PM
  • If nothing above solves your problem, please post a picture showing the problem you have, that may help finding a solution. Is the quality bad when exporting or also while inside Design? At any zoom level? Did you run into the issue with every font, or only with some? In general, I found that in some situations applying a 0px border to paths/text in the same color as the filling improves the quality on exports.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:30 PM
  • Did you check if the text is in the grid?. Check View/Snap to grid and snap the text to the grid.

:

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:26 AM
  • When you export the image is the ant-alias box checked.  Also I use a screen reader ad magnifier and if I do not disable chromatic fonts (fonts that work best with laptops and flat panels I get the exact effect that you describe.  Also at higher magnifications >5x the effect is more pronounced. I think that the question is not what causes the effect but more how do we deal with it.

HTH,

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:27 AM