Not sure why I didn't get the notice to download my own WP 8 app RRS feed

• Question

• I've made a change to one of my Windows Phone 8 apps that I wrote using App Studio. I've submitted the update for publication and I've gotten an email saying that it was now live. That was yesterday (12/11/2014). I still haven't been notified that there's a new version to be downloaded to my phone. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to manually increment the version number in some way (I didn't)?

Rod

Friday, December 12, 2014 10:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Rod,

If you submitted your app package as a Silverlight XAP package then yes, you must manually increment the version number in order to ensure that the store will push an update. This is done on the Upload and Describe Your Package step. The store reads the version number from APPX packages so manually updating the version number is not required.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:22 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 10:25 PM
  • Thank you very much Eric, that answers my question. I was looking for an answer to my question strictly in the App Studio help document, which did say anything about updating your app. Guess I've got to break out of that somewhat limited environment.

Rod

Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I've got a follow-up question for you. As you know there's 4 numbers which together comprise the app's version number. I changed the last one, from 0 to 1. I would have thought that would have been enough. I did that a couple of days ago. I still haven't gotten a notification from the Windows Store that there's a change in the app. Do I have change one of the other numbers in order to trigger the system that there's an update?

Rod

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:51 AM