none
.net (Email Reader software) RRS feed

• Question

• i have created a .net code which downloads jpg file from emails and stores it to specific folder, and also store the same email to another email folder from Outlook express,, everything is workikng fine, the problem has occured when i have deployed it to production server(where there is no outlook express). Can you please sujest me to have a process which is indipedent of outlook express (or can use windows outlook (not MS Office one)). Thanks in advance..
    • Moved by Paul Zhou Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:41 AM move for better support (From:.NET Platform Architecture Development Discussions)
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

• I'm moving this thread to Outlook for Developers forum to get better support.

Have a nice day.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:41 AM
  • So what is the relevant snippet of your code that does not work anymore?
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Do you still need assistance on this problem? More iformation is necessary for people to narrow down issue, such as Dmitry requested.

Best Regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Dear Forrest,

Please provide the code (sample .net code with abc@mycompanyemail.com kinda example) to fetch emails from exchange server 2003. the code i have made is for exchange server 2010(2007 sp1). which is not working and the main point here is i am not allowd to use outlook application.

Please please do the needful.

Thanking You

Parixit

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:23 AM
  • This forum is for the Outlook Objwct Model/MAPI questions.

If you do not want to/cannot use Outlook, what else do you want to use? EWS? WebDAV? POP3? IMAP4?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Dear Dmitry,

I am kinda new in this (.net), i have exchange server 2003 as email server. i am willing to fetch emails from exchange server 2003 without using outlook. this email structure is not pop3 or smtp4 , its Microsoft Exchange server. Hence, i am not allowed to fetch emails using outlook because outlool is not installed on any of production server.

i am able to get code which is fetching emails from Exchange Server 2007_sp1 or 2010 but i am not able to find any code which is fetching emails from exchange server 2003.

Please use example like abc@mydomain.com in your sample code. So that i can replace this with my email domain.

I understand it's confusing. Please let me know if you need any more info on this.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance..

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Doesn't your Exchange expose IMAP4 and POP3 interfaces? they are enabled by default.

Otherwise WebDAV is pretty much your only option.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:03 PM