none
What is the Easy Way to Import (Bulk Number of) Stored Procedure in ADO.NET Entity Data Model? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

What is the Easy Way to Import (Bulk Number of) Stored Procedure in ADO.NET Entity Data Model?

The below line will tell how I Import Stored Procedure in ADO.NET Entity Data Model.

Steps:-1) In Model.edmx (Right Click->Click ModelBorwser) then ModelBorwser Explore will come.

2) In ModelBorwser Explore (. Store Node) Expand the Stored Procedure and Double Click the Procedure Result Add Function Import Popup will
    come then  Click OK Button Results Procedure is import to Mode:EntityContainer Function Import Folder.

If Your Data Base has Bulk no. of Stored Procedure e.g. 300-500 it’s very tedious job. Double Click the Procedure in (. Store Node) and Click Ok
    Button and Observe in Mode:EntityContainer Function Import Folder stored Pocedure is import or not.

If anybody knows Please help me...<o:p></o:p>

Thank's

Prasanta Kumar Pradan

Prasanta De Ultimate http://www.acuvate.com

Monday, April 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasanta Kumar Pradhan,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

I'm afraid it is the only way to import stored procedures to functions in Entity Framework. EF at the top of ADO.NET, it doesn't know anything about your stored procedure, so you need to set the function name and return type, etc. For example, a stored procedure may return some fileds of joined tables, but there's no such a type of conceptual model, you need to create a new complex type of it. Every stored procedure needs to be configured, so, you have to import the stored procedure one by one.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:02 AM