none
LitDev, Database program please Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi LitDev,

You send:

"Here is a sample of the way databases like this may be tackled.

TMG571"

It is to simply because i need more then one file.

A Sample:

1. File is an Array with fields FirstName, Lastname, street, housenumber, .....

2. File is an Array with fields ProductName, Productprize, ....

I wrote WTV265 for Save a Database with 2 files but i can't load it to the Database.

Then i wrote TTH503 but the subroutine GetRecordsExact worked not fine.

How can i do?

Please help me. 

Best Regards Martin

• Edited by martmen Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Start by simplifying the program as much as possible to test.  Also add lots of WriteLine statements.

It takes a bit of time to debug some-one else's code if all you have to go on is 'it doesn't work' - what doesn't work, how to reproduce exactly, what is it supposed to.  All this I could work out, but, if I do it then you don't learn how to do it.

The way I do it is simplify and lots of WriteLines.  Have a go.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Martin,

At the moment you call GetRecordsExact none of your arrays contains the value "Martin", so you never can find that value. Is it possible that you somewhere have filled an array with the wrong content? 

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Start by simplifying the program as much as possible to test.  Also add lots of WriteLine statements.

It takes a bit of time to debug some-one else's code if all you have to go on is 'it doesn't work' - what doesn't work, how to reproduce exactly, what is it supposed to.  All this I could work out, but, if I do it then you don't learn how to do it.

The way I do it is simplify and lots of WriteLines.  Have a go.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Any progress,

Perhaps also have a go with LDDebug which lets you step through the code see (and change) values and see what is happening.

For example in below 'database' is unset while dbcount has 2 entries.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Martin,

At the moment you call GetRecordsExact none of your arrays contains the value "Martin", so you never can find that value. Is it possible that you somewhere have filled an array with the wrong content? 

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:36 AM
    Answerer