none
Bing Maps SDK Catch-22/Conundrum RRS feed

Answers

• There are 3 items you need to uninstall in Tools|Extensions and Updates. "Bing Maps SDK for C#, C++, or Visual Basic", "Bing Maps SDK for JavaScript", and "Bing Maps SDK for Windows Store apps".

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:19 PM

All replies

• There are 3 items you need to uninstall in Tools|Extensions and Updates. "Bing Maps SDK for C#, C++, or Visual Basic", "Bing Maps SDK for JavaScript", and "Bing Maps SDK for Windows Store apps".

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:19 PM
  • I did that - uninstalled those three items, then reinstalled the Bing Maps SDK for Windows Store, but still it won't let itself be added to any project. Nothing happens - no err msg, but not added.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:05 PM
  • I did that - uninstalled those three items, then reinstalled the Bing Maps SDK for Windows Store, but still it won't let itself be added to any project. Nothing happens - no err msg, but not added.

I had forgotten to check the check box. I don't really get why it's necessary - except I guess that way you can add multiple at once. But if you just select one item and then the "Okay" button, I would think that would add it, or at least give you a msg, "Hey, dummy, click the check box first!" or some such. Anyway, all's well that ends well, although my obtuseness combined with the rather unfriendly/unhelpful way it works lost me a fair amount of time and hair.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:52 PM