none
Excel VBA macro crashes RRS feed

• Question

• I daily use VBA macros in Excel.

Mon Dec 8th they worked fine, but since Tue Dec 9th Excel has been crashing when calling a macro.

Error (in Dutch):

Probleemhandtekening:
      Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem:    BEX
      Naam van de toepassing:    EXCEL.EXE
      Versie van toepassing:    8.0.0.3612
      Tijdstempel van toepassing:    32b0d09e
      Naam van foutmodule:    StackHash_aeca
      Versie van foutmodule:    0.0.0.0
      Tijdstempel van foutmodule:    00000000
      Uitzonderingsmarge:    PCH_9E_FROM_ntdll+0x0003CEEC
      Uitzonderingscode:    c0000005
      Uitzonderingsgegevens:    00000008
      Versie van besturingssysteem:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
      Landinstelling-id:    1043
      Aanvullende informatie 1:    aeca
      Aanvullende informatie 2:    aeca907265c4b042ef2459b377175aa8
      Aanvullende informatie 3:    f11d
      Aanvullende informatie 4:    f11de824c7832f8b45fe54a2406056bf

I haven't performed any updates between Dec 8th and Dec 9th, neither for Excel nor for Windows. I did install video software, but the problem persists even after uninstalling the video software, re-installing Excel and even performing a systemrecovery.

Someone suggested deleting .exd temporary files, but this didn't help either.

Anybody who can help me with this?

Friday, December 12, 2014 2:20 PM

All replies

• I don't understand Dutch, but can you step through the code (F-11) and see where it fails and describe the scenario at that point?

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:44 PM
  • Hi Ryguy72,

I can't step through the code, the macro doesn't even start, Excel crashes with starting the macro.

I posted the 'problem signature' which comes up with the crash. Gebeurtenisnaam = eventname, toepassing = application, foutmodule = faultmodule. I guess this will give you a clue... Thanks for giving some advice!

Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:22 AM
  • If it worked fine before, and nothing changed on your end, restart the machine.  That will definitely reset everything.

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hi Boudtje,

Is it working fine in other machine?

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 15, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Hi Starain,

It is working fine on a machine with Windows XP (same Excel version) and on a machine with Windows Server (most like Windows 7, Excel 2010). I haven't checked it out yet on another machine with Windows 8.1 like the one which causes the trouble.

I have performed system file check (sfc) en repaired some with DISM, but this wasn't of any help either.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Hi Boudtje,

Please provide the detail code or share a sample project (could reproduce that issue) on the OneDrive.

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 22, 2014 3:36 AM